Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Life

I feel like I haven't been on here for ages and ages when in fact it was only Saturday night. I just haven't had a whole lot to write about really. Well, I have, but I'm actually doing things on my weekends now instead of just surfing all day and then going out and getting bladdered with Campbelli at night.

Campbelli and I are doing an event at a local learning centre on Thursday. These are always fun. We set up a bookstall and then kinda half listen in to the talks going on (only kinda cos they happen in a different room and we can't always hear them). Then we sell books like mad for a couple of hours and then have another rest during the other talks. It's a good time for quiet nattering and book reading and general feeling like we're having a good time while we're working.

This morning we took a first batch of books to the place and went in round the front (the events are held at the back) through this fabulous automatic door. It wasn't like the ones in the Mander Centre where you have to push them to start them opening, this one started opening while we were still about two metres away. I did my usual trick of saying thankyou to it for opening (Think Hitchhiker) and gave Campbelli a giggling fit.

This was nothing compared to my reaction when she said "You know, those kind of doors intimidate me a bit. I feel like they're more intelligent than me. If I was an automatic door I'd be all Oops, sorry, didn't see you there and not opening for people." I was crying after she said that, and had a stitch from laughing for at least 10 minutes.

Campbelli would like to point out that "I'm not as stupid as you all think I am you know. I'm actually a certified Mensa genius, I just don't want all the pressure. Thinking's just bad for you"

After I actually grabbed some paper to write that down so I could post it on here she announced "I'm gonna start a t-shirt company. Pink t-shirts with slogans on. I'm gonna quit bookselling and make a fortune. Funky Campbelli t-shirts."

1 comment:

MarkFarley said...

Team Campbelli

There's yr first right there