Saturday, January 29, 2005
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law. Spending your entire life searching various forms of philosophy and religion, you choose to observe everything and believe little. You're personality is one of truth seeking, nature respecting and god/goddess accepting. Lastly, you don't judge anyone, but if annoyed, you will exact some form of revenge. You don't believe in the Three-Fold Law.
Friday, January 28, 2005
Three of her answers made me all teary.
55. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU CRIED OR GOT TEARY ABOUT? my sister has a really nice quote above my links section on her blog
85. IF YOU DIED TOMORROW- WHO WOULD YOU LEAVE EVERYTHING TO? my sister
90. IF YOU HAD 24 HOURS LEFT TO LIVE, WHO WOULD YOU SPEND THAT TIME WITH! my friends n my sister
It's just nice to know that after we spent most of her first 11 years fighting, and then having rows most times we actually spent too much time together, that she still loves me.
*hugs Emily out in Canada*
Oh, here's my quiz by the way. I decided I'd post it so that random readers can learn some random facts.
1. FULL NAME: Kate Mary Holmden
2. NICKNAME: SkateS
3. HEIGHT: 5 10 n a bit
4. HAIR: red
5. SIBLINGS: one baby sister (baby! she's 19)
6. DO YOU LIKE TO SING IN THE SHOWER? sometimes, but only if I have loud music on to sing along too.
7. DO YOU HAVE A GOOD VOICE? I don't think so.
8. BIRTHDATE: 27/12/1978
9. SIGN: Capricorn with Aquarius rising.
10. RIGHTY OR LEFTY: Righty
11. MALE / FEMALE? Female
12. CRUSH? I have crushes occasionally
13. BEST FRIENDS? Phoenix, Pami, Juell, Bizkitt, Darth Charnell, Jennie, Mandy, Mab, Corey, Jamie, Jason, Campbelli and the Richards.
14. HOBBIES? reading, blogging, cross-stitch.
15. PETS? two fluffy black 'n' white kitties called Esme and Foley, and one hairy male human named Phoenix.
16. DO YOU WEAR GLASSES? only when my eyes hurt too much for me to wear my contacts.
17. WHAT DO YOU WANT IN A RELATIONSHIP? love, respect and lots of snuggles.
18. MOVIE: Practical Magic
19. SONG: Drops of Jupiter, Train
20. BAND/SINGER/DJ: The Bluetones
21. TV SHOW: Charmed
22. ACTOR: Hugh Jackman
23. ACTRESS: Claire Danes
24. FOOD: smoked salmon, kettle chips
25. CARTOON: Simpsons
26. DISNEY CHARACTER: Stitch
27. COLOR: red, emerald green
*******LOVE LIFE ETC********
28. DO YOU PLAN ON HAVING CHILDREN: Yes
29. DO YOU WANT TO GET MARRIED: Yes
30. HOW OLD DO YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR FIRST CHILD? 29/30
31. HOW OLD DO YOU WANNA BE WHEN YOU GET MARRIED? Getting married this summer so I'll be 26.
32. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE? Yes, and I am right now
33. DO YOU HAVE A BF/GF? I have a fiance.
34. DOES ANYONE HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU? That would be nice.
35. DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH? Yup, a couple.
36. MUSIC/TV: Music
37. GUYS/GIRLS: Guys
38. GREEN/BLUE: Blue
39. PINK/PURPLE: Purple
40. SUMMER/WINTER: Summer
41. NIGHT/DAY: Day
42. HANGIN OUT/CHILLIN: Chillin'
43. DOPEY/FUNNY: Funny
*******ALL ABOUT YOU*******
44. YOUR BODY PART YOU HATE THE MOST: thighs
45. WHAT SCHOOL/UNI DO YOU GO TO? Unseen University
46. EVER TAKEN DRUGS? only alcohol recently
47. WHAT'S A MAJOR TURN-ON FOR YOU? eyes and smile
48. HOW FAR WOULD YOU GO ON A FIRST DATE? depends who the date is with!
49. THE PERSON WHO IS....
*MOST CARING: Juell
50. WHICH 5 PEOPLE ARE YOU OPEN WITH: Phoenix, Juell, Jamie, Campbelli, my sister.
51. IS IT RIGHT TO FLIRT IF YOU HAVE A BF/GF? If you don't take it too far.
52. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU CRIED OR GOT TEARY ABOUT? My sister's answers to some of these questions
53. WHAT'S SOMETHING ABOUT GUYS/ GIRLS YOU JUST DONT GET: Girls - the bitchiness (even though I can do it myself when pushed)
54. ARE YOU HAPPY? Mostly
55. WHAT'S AN OBJECT YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT? BOOKS!
56. LOVE OR LUST? Nice mixture of the two keeps things ticking over
57. SILVER OR GOLD? Silver
58. DIAMOND OR PEARL: Diamonds
59. SUNSET OR SUNRISE? sunset
60. HAVE YOU EVER GONE SKINNY-DIPPING? maybe
61. DO YOU SLEEP WITH STUFFED ANIMALS? yes, Phoenix and Stitch.
62. DO YOU HAVE ANY PIERCINGS? no
63. WHAT COLOR UNDIES ARE YOU WEARING RIGHT NOW? black
64. WHAT SONG ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Universally Speaking, Red Hot Chilli Peppers (it's on Kerrang!)
65. WHAT ARE THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR PHONE NUMBER? 4222
66. WHERE WOULD YOU WANT TO GO ON YOUR HONEYMOON? Somewhere warm, but it looks like we're going to Norway...
67. WHO DO YOU WANT TO SPEND THE REST OF YOUR LIFE WITH? Phoenix man
68. WHAT'S THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX: smile, eyes
69. FAVORITE SPORT? three-day eventing
70. WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY? Friends, Music, a good book
71. NEXT CD YOU GONNA GET? dunno
72. WHAT'S THE BEST ADVICE GIVEN TO YOU? trust your gut instinct
73. HAVE YOU EVER WON ANY SPECIAL AWARDS? only stuff at school, nothing in real life yet
74. WHAT ARE YOUR FUTURE GOALS? to write something
75. THE WORST ILLNESS YOU EVER HAD? German Measles
76. MOST PRIZED POSSESSION? a totally beautiful hand-blown glass bottle that my mum brought me from New Zealand.
77. ON THE PHONE OR IN PERSON? In person
78. HUGS OR KISSES? hugs
79. WHAT SONG SEEMS TO REFLECT YOU THE MOST? Our House, Crosby, Sills & Nash
80. IF YOU DIED TOMORROW- WHO WOULD YOU LEAVE EVERYTHING TO? Phoenix, my sister, my friends
81. DO YOU HAVE ANY ENEMIES? probably, but that's their problem
82. WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST FEAR? screwing up, not making people happy
83. WOULD YOU RATHER BE RICH OR FAMOUS? Rich
84. WHAT TIME IS IT IN ALBANIA NOW? no idea
85. IF YOU HAD 24 HOURS LEFT TO LIVE, WHO WOULD YOU SPEND THAT TIME WITH! Phoenix, my family, my friends
86. HAVE YOU EVER MET SANTA OR THE EASTER BUNNY? Yeah, they live next door
87. IF E.T. KNOCKED ON YOUR DOOR HOLDING UP A PEACE SIGN ASKING TO USE YOUR PHONE WHAT WOULD YOU DO? offer him a glass of wine
88. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU TALKED ON THE PHONE? about 5.15pm when a lady wanted a book about chickens
89. ARE YOU AN ALCOHOLIC? I try not to be
90. LAST TIME YOU WERE DEPRESSED? Last time I got a nasty email
91. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? my sweet sister
92. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT PERSON? worth her weight in gold
93. DO YOU WANT YOUR FRIENDS TO WRITE BACK? Well as this is going in my blog you probably won't be able to, but if you do it'll be groovy!
Tuesday, January 25, 2005
Today I did this quiz and guess what!
You are the Hermit card. The Hermit has chosen a
solitary spiritual path. He shines light on his
inner self and, by this means, gains wisdom.
The Hermit's home is the natural world and it
is by being in tune with that world that he
learns the laws of nature and learn how they
operate within himself. His path is a lonely
one as he lives in silence and has for
companionship only his own internal rhythms.
But those crossing his path are touched by his
light and wisdom. Though often alone, he
manages nevertheless to instruct those who meet
him and guides those who chose to follow him on
a path towards enlightenment. Image from The
Aleister Crowley Tarot deck.
Which Tarot Card Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla
I'm going to be about more in various places and doing more things too. I'm looking forward to the Guild meet on Sunday, and the moot should be interesting too.
I shall end with a few snatches of a couple of the Sinatra songs that have been playing at work:
"there's no nicer witch than you" (which makes RichieFingers point at me)
and this one too...
She gets too hungry, for dinner at eight
She loves the theater, but doesn't come late
She'd never bother, with people she'd hate
That's why the lady is a tramp
Doesn't like crap games, with barons and earls
Won't go to harlem, in ermine and pearls
Won't dish the dirt, with the rest of those girls
That's why the lady is a tramp
She loves the free, fresh wind in her hair
Life without care
She's broke, but it's ok
She hates california, it's cold and it's damp
That's why the lady is a tramp
Doesn't like dice games, with sharpies and frauds
Won't go to harlem, in lincolns or fords
Won't dish the dirt, with the rest of those broads
That's why the lady is a tramp
(although I would like to say that since I've not yet been to California I might well like it!)
Friday, January 21, 2005
Work was full of laughter, plus a confused look from Richard when a customer walked up to me and said "Too cold for pagans to dance around naked outside today". Richard wasn't sure whether it was some sort of code or something! (The gentleman in question once had a conversation with me about witches in Shropshire, and remembers to mention it to me when he comes in).
Then I got home and discovered that the computer has eaten all my files. I mean ALL my files. My area was still there but reset to a new clean area. All my word files and spreadsheets have vanished. So has my booklist.
So on Monday (my next day off) I shall be retyping that booklist from the paper list I had made on Wednesday, and then I shall be saving it to disc! (As the books are upstairs, I make a paper list and then put it into the spreadsheet to be sorted etc.)
So I shall be shopping for discs tomorrow.
BTW, the diet is going quite well, although I'm a bit short-tempered due to the lack of sugar. But Phoenix says I'm not as stroppy as when I have PMT so that's obviously all alright then!
Wednesday, January 19, 2005
I thought since you love them enough to spend all the time talkin with them, you wouldn't mind if your b'day pressie was basically for them
(I'd like to point out that I only start talking to the kittens during phone calls to Emily when she starts talking to one of her friends.)
If it wasn't for the scarily blue eyes of the cat on the box it could be Esme.
Now the important thing is...do the kittens like it?
(That's a yes by the way. In fact, Foley started growling at Esme because he didn't want to share the catnip!)
I've been quite productive too! The second litter tray is currently soaking in the bath, and the first one is all shiny clean and refilled and the hall is free of cat litter underfoot (worse than gravel). Later I'm planning to work on my library and sort out exactly what I'm going to be eating on this Curves diet thing that I start on Friday. (Yes Friday is an odd day to start a diet, but I get paid on Thursday and therefore will have the money for food). I'm actually really looking forward to it.
I've been watching/listening to VH-1 do a countdown of the 1000 No. 1 singles that we've had in the UK. The countdown has reached May 1994 and Prince has just been singing about The Most Beautiful Girl In The World. I still like that song, blame it on my ex. Anyway, what I noticed was the number of number ones that Take That had. I started watching the countdown when it was in summer 1993 and know I'd just missed watching "Pray" (which I've just remembered never made No.1, it only got to 2 and we thought they'd been robbed!). I've also seen five other songs of theirs come on. So they basically had 6 number ones in about 6 months....very impressed. Plus I know they had a few more after that.
It was nice seeing Robbie Williams as a clean-cut lad once again. But I think on the whole I do prefer him a bit rough around the edges.
Right, off to tackle the library again!
Oh dear...the Manchester United song has just come on.....and I STILL know all the words!
Added at 13.00
Well I listed a load of books and then came down to add them to the spreadsheet. The last Take That song was playing on VH-1. Actually I don't think that Never Forget was their last No.1, but it was their last with Robbie, and it made me cry all over again. I'd mainly got over my Take That phase by the time they split but it was still pants. The next song they played was Blur's Country House, very fitting as they were who I was listening to a lot at the time.
Phoenix just came home early so I'm going to go snuggle.
Sunday, January 16, 2005
The living room is also pretty damn tidy, the only paperwork floating around is because we just redid our budget to allow for the fact that we no longer have to pay £300 a month to credit card companies.
We've watched some good documentaries, some football and a couple of romantic films. Plus I completed another level on the Simpsons game and redid the template for this here blog.
I'm feeling really relaxed and re-energised for the week ahead (which is only two days really as Wednesday is my next day off work), and I'm about to go have a bath while reading a book. Which book I have not yet decided as I found about 50 that I want to read right now!
Better go turn the taps off and check the kittens aren't swimming!
No, I'm not mad. That's the best way to help them get poofy when you first get them according to FlyLady. I got my dusters a while back, but had to put them out of the way of the kitties and then haven't used them since.
But I was reorganising my library upstairs and realised that the shelves were a bit dusty, the old shelves with normal dust and the new shelves with "new furniture" dust. So now that I have poofed up my dusters, I'm off to do some dusting and some more rearranging.
Now I just need to get some funky ribbon to put through the handles and work out where I want to hang them.
Friday, January 14, 2005
1985 by Bowling for Soup
"Where's the mini-skirt made of snakeskin?
And who's the other guy that's singing in Van Halen?
When did reality become T.V.?
What ever happened to sitcoms, game shows?"
You took the bitter with the sweet in 2004 - and kept laughing.
You Know You're From Britain When...
You believe that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday are all good nights for drinking. Sunday day is also entirely reasonable.
You're always a half an hour late to work ... no-one notices or cares.
Coming to work with a hangover is entirely accepted and indeed expected at least once a week.
You can actually give directions to some of those annoying tourists in Oxford Street!
You step over a drunk in the tube station rather than offering to help them.
You don't even bother looking out of the window when you get up in the morning to check what the day is like. You know it is overcast.
You consider a suit to be normal attire for the pub.
You expect men to actually cut, comb and style their hair (using hair products). And to wear decent clothes.
You dissolve in laughter when listening to the funny accent of the Aussie international telephone operator (or on TV!).
You think £40 for a haircut is quite reasonable.
You can't remember what 'customer service' means.
After a big night out you find yourself looking for a Curry house
More than three hours sunlight on summer days seems excessive.
You don't think twice about tipping your hairdresser
You finish every sentence with 'Cheers' or 'Yeah'.
You only just realise you have lost your sunnies, you left them in Greece 2 summers ago.
You like English cuisine. I mean, it's hard to beat a full English breakfast.
You are on to your 6th umbrella and your second overcoat... this year
You've bought a disposable baby BBQ from Tesco.
A day at the beach means wearing the warmest clothes you own while standing on golf ball-size pebbles and the thought of swimming doesn't even enter your head.
You always call soccer football and you have a team and it's not Manchester United.
You don't think twice about buying a packaged sandwich.
A sunny lunchtime means searching for a patch of grass and stripping off practically down to your underwear
You've accepted queuing as a way of life.
You believe that every American is a fatass addicted to hamburgers and hotdogs.
You despise the French (but then, who doesn't?).
You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Britan.
|You scored as Druid Fairy. Your heart belongs to nature. Your green satin hides you in the brush. You influence plants to grow, and you have a special connection to animals.
Which Firefly-Path Fairy are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
Your Dominant Intelligence is Linguistic Intelligence
You are excellent with words and language. You explain yourself well.
An elegant speaker, you can converse well with anyone on the fly.
You are also good at remembering information and convicing someone of your point of view.
A master of creative phrasing and unique words, you enjoy expanding your vocabulary.
You would make a fantastic poet, journalist, writer, teacher, lawyer, politician, or translator.
You Are Fun Sexy
You're funny, quirky, cute, and sassy.
Guys always have a great time with you, and that alone is sexy.
You've got an upbeat, optimistic spirit that totally shines through.
Any guy would be crazy to turn you down!
What Kind of Sexy Are You? Take This Quiz :-)
Find the Love of Your Life
(and More Love Quizzes) at Your New Romance.
|You scored as Urania. You are Urania, the muse of the heavens and astronomy. You are very thoughtful, but so thoughtful that it sometimes hinders you. You also have an uncanny ability to know something out of the ordinary will happen.
Which of the Greek Muses are you?
created with QuizFarm.com
|You scored as A Too Sweet Faerie. So sweet your totally sugared up! Has there ever been anyone so nice. Quick to forgive and quick to forget, everybody wants to know you! You've just got to make sure nobody takes advantage and tries to use you, don't be afraid to say no sometimes! |
Which Dysfunctional Faerie are You?
created with QuizFarm.com
Your Element Is Water
A bit of a contradiction, you can seem both lighthearted
and serious. That's because you're good at going with the flow - but you also
are deep. Highly intuitive, you tune in to people's emotions and moods easily.
You are able to tap into deep emotional connections and connect with others.
You prefer a smooth, harmonious life - but you can navigate your way around
waves. You have a knack for getting people to get along and making life a little
You Are the Individualist
You are sensitive and intuitive, with others and yourself.
You are creative and dreamy... plus dramatic and unpredictable.
You're emotionally honest, real, and easily hurt.
Totally expressive, others always know exactly how you feel.
Now my star sign is Capricorn...
|You are 47% Capricorn
...but my Rising Sign is Aquarius.
|You are 73% Aquarius
You Are From Neptune
You are dreamy and mystical, with a natural psychic ability.
You love music, poetry, dance, and (most of all) the open sea.
Your soul is filled with possibilities, and your heart overflows with compassion.
You can be in a room full of friendly people and feel all alone.
If you don't get carried away with one idea, your spiritual nature will see you through anything.
You Are a Life Blogger!
Your blog is the story of your life - a living diary.
If it happens, you blog it. And make it as entertaining as possible.
Wednesday, January 12, 2005
Joe's Blog note the permanent link in the sidebar too.
Does this mean that as well as all the abusive email I have received over the last 6 months for expressing my feelings I could get sacked too??
For talking about the rude, nasty customers that I deal with every day? For mentioning the fact that certain colleagues of mine really piss me off when they can't be arsed to do their jobs properly? For bigging up the wonderful people I work with every day?
Better not talk about the work do last Saturday as I intended to do tonight. Especially since we'd had an email round asking us to behave with decorum as we were representing the company. Good job none of us were wearing our badges in Walkabout then isn't it!
Oh, but I do have to say three cheers to the wonderful guy at head office (better not mention his name in case I get sued) who has now fixed things so that the Waterstone's web site recognises that there is in fact a branch in Wolverhampton. Although that was probably Amazon's fault really....
Sunday, January 02, 2005
Tomorrow we're going to Avebury with Jamie and Jason for the day, will be colder than last time I was there for sure!
I've also been thinking about things I wish to achieve this year. I plan to get more organised in general and spend more time with the people I like and doing the things I like. This means that a few things will have to be let go, but that's all part of life right? The things I don't want to do (that aren't essential to life, like paying rent...) have pretty much been cut out already, so it's just a case of sorting out the last few things.
Speaking of things to let go. Whoever you are, person that's been sending me abusive emails for 5 months now - get over it. I've put up with it mainly because they don't affect me anymore, I've moved on. But the fact that you still feel the need to send them this far down the line makes me rather worried about you. Let it go mate, move on. Spend your time doing something constructive instead: raise money for those affected by the tsumani, read a good book, email someone you like, laugh, watch kittens - have FUN!
I'm going to find a few more cards on The Simpsons: Hit and Run and snuggle with Esme (who is in such a snuggly mood that she curled up on my shoulders while I was in the bath!) and then head to bed so I'm refreshed for the morning.
Hope everyone had a good holiday season, life is good, go live it!
Saturday, January 01, 2005
Today, KATE, you could decide to attend a group activity of some kind, and in the process make some new friends, mostly women and younger people. They have a lot of interesting information to offer, and this could set you off on a new discovery of some kind. You might find it difficult to follow up on, however. The libraries and bookstores might not have the books you need. Keep searching - don't give up!
Well I'm seeing people tonight that I didn't see last night, and I'm already looking into some stuff that came up last night so I wonder if tonight will bring some more!
Happy New Year folks! (I'll post some pictures when I've read the instruction manual for the new camera!)