Thursday, November 04, 2004

Moving on up?

I found out today that I will be working upstairs over the christmas season...

This is a good thing because it shows that my stock knowledge is recognised, and Bod said that she wants me to drive the merchandising and retail standards upstairs.

But it means working with Maggie...which will be interesting. She's not the not postive person in the world, in fact anything you say is greeted with a negative comment. I said to Bod that I'm determined to make her say at least one positive thing a day!

I'll seriously miss working downstairs. It gets much more hectic down there but we all work together and things just flow. Whereas upstairs means coping with the fact that Maggie thinks that downstairs gets all the priority and no-one cares about upstairs. Well, when it comes down to it, cariing about upstairs isn't something she seems to do and she works there, so why should someone trying to sort the downstairs out cope with her too.

But I'm going to stay positive and basically kick some ass. I'm going to increase sales by just making the displays look better and then when Maggie complains (as she oh so will) I can back up my reasoning with stock figures.

Plus, I managed my first christmas meeting without getting pissed tonight...although I did have a swift glass of wine when Maggie started whinging about customer orders.

Right then, think I shall head off and try some meditating breathing. I know it will come in handy in the future!

No comments: