Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Mab's Glowing Praise

BS Kate was great yesterday - bookshop woman of the year! I was rushing to
meet a train, when it occurred to me that there was going to be one of those
embarrassing moments where our visitor produced presents and I hadn't got mine
for her yet. I'd already decided that it was going to be a book of old
photographs of Walsall, I just hadn't had chance to go and get it. But the
train was delayed, so I had about 20 mins to get into the city, get into
Waterstones, buy it, hide it and get to the station.

I only knew Waterstones was open on a Sunday because of BS Kate's blog!

So I pulled up outside, raced through the doors and spotted Kate immediately,
"Kate! Kate! I need an emergency book of Walsall in old pictures!"
"You need a...?"
"Book of Walsall in old pictures, urgently!"

So the unflappable Kate ran around to the local history shelves, found one and
we were running to the till when she said,
"Oh! We've got a new Syd Barrett book in..."
"I need that as well!"
"Piper at the Gates of..."
"I need it! It's mine!"

So we ran to the Syd Barrett shelf (they might call it something else...) and
grabbed that book, then legged it to the till again.

Now that's what I call a Bookshop Kate. She knows her audience. *grin*

Lenny loved the Walsall book, btw, and I love the Syd book. Thanks for rising
to the occasion like that, cariad!
yours

Mab
xxxxx

No comments: