Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Drool...

Phoenix is doing a wrestling show tonight so I suggested that I make a casserole and leave it in the oven on low so he could have some when he got in.

So, take one packet casserole mix, add tinned potatoes, tinned carrots, 1 medium red onion (chopped roughly) and some Tesco Value stewing beef (roll on payday).

Cook on gas mark 4 for 2 hours. Fill this time by writing in your blog and then being surprised when dinner is ready.

Eat with plenty of dribbling.

Turn oven down to gas mark 1 and put rest of casserole in to simmer until husband gets home at stupid o'clock in the morning in need of a nice meal.

(I would like to point out that ideally I would add some red wine and mushrooms and use fresh carrots and potatoes as well as slightly better quality beef, but it's a few days til payday so I used what we had in the cupboards!)

No comments: