Tuesday, March 23, 2004

A looooooong rant about parcels.

(copied from WitchGrove, because I'm really mad about this)

I would like to start this message by saying:

"THANK YOU PIXIE!!!!!! You're a lovely, lovely lady!"

She sent me some rather cute candles and incense!

However....my other parcels are still in limbo :(

To recap:

When we came round to the house on moving day (Sat 13th) we found a
card telling us that a parcel could not be delivered. I phoned to
get this parcel redelivered on the Tuesday.

They didn't redeliver on the Tuesday so I phoned again to get it
delivered on the Saturday (20th).

Then on the Wednesday I had another card saying I had a parcel to be
delivered, I phoned and asked them to deliver that on the Saturday
(20th) as well.

Saturday (20th) morning I came downstairs at 7.30, and spotted a
card on the doormat.

The card was a "could not be delivered" card, the time on it was
8.00 and the date....the 21st. So I stood there with the card teling
me that in 24 1/2 hours they couldn't deliver my parcels, and I
laughed.

I phoned the Post Office AGAIN and explained to the man that I was a
little bit miffed! Arranged to have the parcels delivered today,
Tuesday (23rd).

Last night we came home to ANOTHER card, this one stating that a
parcel had been left next door for us. But no-one answered next door
so we left it till today.

This morning I collected Pixies wonderous parcel from the nice lady
next door and then settled down to wait for the postman and my other
one or two parcels.

I got fed up at 11.45 and phoned them again.....THE PARCELS ARE
STILL AT THE OFFICE!!!!!!!!!


AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

I asked the man why and he said it was because they'd already tried
to deliver them twice. I explained that if I phone and say that the
only day we'll be there is a Tuesday (for example), delivering them
on the Monday WON'T WORK!!!!!!

*deep breaths*

So, my parcel(s) (because I don't know how many I'm expecting) are
going to be delivered on Saturday....two weeks late! (They only hold
the items for three weeks before they return them to sender).

Could people please send a little "get yourselves f**king sorted!"
energy to my ridiculously bad-at-his-job postman (who also delivers
pizza leaflets, which I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to do).

This has been a Bookshop Kate rant.

Normal service will be resumed when I have done a "condition report"
with the letting agent and can at last go out and buy myself some
breakfast (as I was waiting in for the postman......)

Bookshop Kate, craving pizza!

No comments: