Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Bliggity, Bloggity, Boo!

I don't quite know where that title came from.

Had a long phone call with my sister on Sunday night where we discussed the state of the world and her forthcoming visit to Wolverhampton (don't even know how to begin trying to spell that in an Essex accent).

She complained that I don't write in my blog enough, so I pointed out that I don't have a very exciting life. In fact, it usually just consists of: get up, walk to work, work, break, work, lunch, work, walk home, go on computer, do some writing, watch some TV, go to bed. Apparently this is more exciting than her life at the moment (get up, watch TV, go to pub, go clubbing) so I must write in my blog more.

So.....

I didn't have work yesterday cos I worked Sunday, and I don't have work today because I'm working Saturday due to the little-known publication of a book apparently called Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Apparently it's quite good. Oh, I know I'm not kidding anyone. I will be working at midnight, buy my book at the end, take it home and read it, get a few hours kip and then go to work again. Last time I started reading at about 1.40am and finished just before 6. (I can't remember the exact times, but I know it was just before 6 cos I had an hours kip before I had to get up for work). I want this one to be a longer book, but at the same time I don't. The number of complaints we've had because Order of the Phoenix was so thick, like we could do anything about it! Also if it's longer I won't get any sleep!

There's not a whole lot I can say about the events in London on Thursday. I'd had Wednesday off and watched all the Olympics stuff and though great. Then spent Thursday at work with RitchieFingers trying to tune in a very old radio so we had some news and looking at A-Z's to work it all out. I worried about a few people I know who work down there, especially Emily Jones who works right in the middle of it all, but I've heard that they're all ok which is more great than I can express. The BBC have been keeping me updated on everything and have highlighted some of the other fabulous bloggers out there so go read this and be as proud of London, Londoners and the British Spirit in general as I am. (Although the phrase British Spirit always sounds a bit pants and never manages to describe the way that people react.)

I'm playing lots of World of Warcraft still, but have got past the dreaming it at night stage now (which happens with everything new that I do, not just computer games BTW), I'm just in the "doing it for real" stage instead. I did have one particularly annoying customer on Sunday that I wanted to use several finishing moves on (I'm tidying the tables and he's walking round behind me DELIBERATELY messing them up again "to keep you girls earning your money". Bastard) but Campbell distracted me before I could BackStab him and then finish him off with a Gouge/Eviscerate combo.

I'm also attempting to complete listing my library (and keep not finding books I know I own but have had people borrow and then not return grrrr) and to finish off the wedding pictures.

Hopefully that's a long enough entry to keep Emily quiet (and boring enough that she won't hassle me for a couple of days) and now I shall get back to having great ideas on what to write about, and then promptly forgetting it as soon as I get near the PC.

No comments: