Saturday, July 16, 2005

2 hours and 25 minutes

That's how long it took me to read the new Potter (1.53am - 4.18am).

Very, very, very good.

The death is a shock and also has the same "nah they're not really dead" feel about it as Sirius's in Order of the Phoenix.

The Half-Blood Prince is a real shock, I couldn't believe that it was that character.

Hermione and Ron row a lot, Ron gets a girlfriend (not Hermione), Harry gets a new girlfriend (also not Hermione, she does get to snog someone though), There's both a new Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher AND a new POTIONS teacher, and it's a lot more grown-up than the last one and not quite so angry.

I would write more but I'm aware that a) no one else has read it yet and I don't want to spoil it for them, and b) I have had two and a half hours sleep and need to work on waking myself up before work!

Plus, I want to finish reading my new Mike Ripley book!

3 comments:

MarkFarley said...

wow the speed reader on sky news took three hours!

Karen tried to stay up after helping out at work and stayed up till after 4 and is upto 450 ish pages.

Anonymous said...

that is a very fast speed reading the full book.

Admin said...

Wow! It took me about 4 days since I was reading it aloud with my 11yo, and we ended up staying up until 5am on the last day to finish it. I agree, it was very shocking. Some said they already figured out who the HBP was but I found it kind of hard to believe.

How did your midnight opening go? We went to a release party at a Barnes and Noble here and bought the book at midnight and started reading it on the way home.