Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Books I have been reading

Mr Mark Farley, blogger and fellow bookseller asked me what I have been reading.

So here is what I have been reading in the last few weeks...

The Moon-Spinners , Airs Above The Ground and Wildfire At Midnight by Mary Stewart. The Moon-Spinners was the "new" book I was reading in the bath. It's not really new, but I'd just found a copy on a second-hand stall in Bridgnorth and I hadn't read it for years. This then started me reading through all my other Mary Stewart books, I plan to start Thornyhold, (my favourite Mary Stewart book), sometime this afternoon.

-----------------------------------------------

The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, The Second Summer of the Sisterhood and Girls in Pants by Ann Brashares. I love these books and bought the third one when I got paid. I just had to go back and read the other two and sink myself right into the world of Tibby, Lena, Carmen and Bee.

-----------------------------------------------

Mister Monday, Grim Tuesday and Drowned Wednesday by Garth Nix. Again, I bought the new book when I got paid, and went back to re-read the other two first. I've mentioned his Old Kingdom books in previous posts on this blog, and he added the brilliant Creature In The Case as a World Book Day book this year.

-----------------------------------------------

I've also been on a Swallows and Amazons kick.
I bought Peter Duck and We Didn't Mean To Go To Sea when I got paid (notice a theme that occurs when payday comes round) as I'd gone through my bookshelves and realised I didn't own the complete set. I remembered afterwards that I'd had these two as library sale paperbacks and they just fell apart! I ended up with the first half of Peter Duck and the last half of WDMTGTS! I love those hardbacks so I bought them rather than the cheaper paperbacks.
I then re-read Swallows and Amazons, Swallowdale and Winter Holiday (which are old old paperbacks, but in good nick!)
I'm working on reviews of all the Arthur Ransome books for my website. They'll be here eventually.

-----------------------------------------------

I've also re-read all the Casson books by Hilary McKay.
Saffy's Angel,
Indigo's Star,
Permanent Rose and
Rose's Flying Feeling.
I have no idea why Amazon has catagorised them all as audio books, I've checked the ISBNs and they all tie in to my paperback/hardback editions, they're obviously having a glitch.

-----------------------------------------------

Other than that I've been reading all sorts of bits and pieces, most of which are books I've read so many times that they just wrap round me like an old comfy blanket.

No comments: