Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Registry Office

This may seem like a strange title for a post, but it's because I'm about to blog about a death. In the UK the registry office is where you go to register births, marriages and deaths. All three of these things are being covered in my blog at the moment so the title suggested itself.

Anyhoo.

I just heard that Prince Rainier died this morning. I didn't know a lot about the guy, apart from the stuff that most folks would know, Princess Grace and all that. But he always looked so friendly when he'd be at the Grand Prix and I always felt so sad that he lost her so early.

*raises a glass* To Prince Rainier. May you have peace and be reunited with your Princess Grace.

And while we're at it.

*raises another glass* To Pope John Paul II, or Karol Wojtyla as he was born. May you find the peace and happiness in your afterlife that you always wished for all of us on Earth.

No comments: