Well...since I don't HAVE an ipod it's going to be an MP3 player and media player meme (but that's besides the point).
The rules (as stated by Marie) are "no repeat artists, no foreign muck, no songs where the title is in the first line, and nothing that even you with the title in front of you have no clue what it is"
So here you go folks.
11. In an upstairs room in Blackpool, by the side of a northern sea. Military Madness by Graham Nash.
14. Four of us were having dinner and I threw down the paper with a curse. Tracks in the Dust by David Crosby.
17. I got a letter from a friend the other morning. Permanent Vacation by Aerosmith.
22. He came dancing across the water with his galleons and guns. Cortez the Killer by Neil Young. (Best guitar intro ever).
24. I thought I knew you, but I did not know myself. Turn Back the Pages by Stephen Stills.
Good luck folks, I'll be updating as you get them.
Updated to show who guessed what and the final few answers.