Saturday, July 17, 2004

Today I found music!

Well, a tape anyway.
 
I was doing some tidying in the "library" and found a box of cassettes. There was some very random stuff in there and also one tape labeled KJ 1 6/7/00. This means that it was the first mix tape I made while I was with James (who I lived with for a year) and I made it on the 6th July 2000.
 
The music is fabulous!
 
Track listing:
 
More Life In A Tramps Vest - Stereophonics
Road Rage - Catatonia
Tied To The 90's - Travis
Midnight In Chelsea - Bon Jovi
Monday Morning 5:19 - Rialto
Drop Dead Gorgeous - Republica
Not Where It's At - Del Amitri
Lullaby - Shawn Mullins
Truly, Madly, Deeply - Savage Garden
Any Way You Look - Northern Uproar
Traffic - Sterophonics
I Don't Know - Ruth
KATE - Ben Folds Five
Smooth - Santana
Dancing In The Moonlight - Toploader
One Week - Bare Naked Ladies
Sitting Down Here - Lene Marlin
Local Boy In The Photograph - Sterophonics
Untouchable - Rialto
Kiss Me - Sixpence None The Richer
I Quit - Hepburn
Rushour - Joyrider
Beautiful Ones - Suede
Ladykiller - Lush
You & Me Song - Wannadies
Perseverance - Terrorvision
 
SEE!!!! Look at the TUUUUNES!
 
I had a big big music phase that summer and not only was I buying up lots of new singles from new bands (Rialto, Hepburn, Bare Naked Ladies) but I also dug up some old stuff that I'd been reminded of by the Glastonbury Festival. I mean I'd watched Travis headlining on the Saturday night, then I got home and listened to their very very first single from about 5 years before (cos I bought it while doing my GCSEs I think, and that was 1995).
 
So I have the music on LOUD and Phoenix is downstairs with the tv turned up. I think it might be too loud as the occupant of the end room shut the door earlier, and they haven't done that since we moved in!
 
We've got stuff to list on eBay today so I suppose I'd better get it done!
 

No comments: