Friday, July 02, 2004

George

Phoenix is out at a Greenpeace meeting tonight so I have been left to my own devices. I'm done all my usual internet stuff, watched the latest two episodes of Joan of Arcadia, and moved the stereo from the bedroom to the computer room as I need music while I surf (earlier I had Mariah Carey singing some awful christmas song stuck in my head over and over).

While looking at my CDs (mostly bought while I was at uni) I spotted the one that mum gave me when we went home for Nana's funeral.

It's the CD called Bridging the Gap by Allen Beechey's Bright Stars of Jazz. Now I'm not usually a jazz kind of gal, but this CD is different. This is a CD featuring a young man named George Fagg on piano. You can find out a bit about George here.

I just decided to listen to it for the first time tonight. It's pretty damn groovy really, although I know bugger all about jazz except for what Richard at work tells me. But I know that in about 5 minutes I will be crying my heart out.

Why?

Because Track Five will be playing, I Will Weather The Storm; written by George Fagg, and performed by his fellow band members at his funeral.

Better go find some tissues...

No comments: