Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Soooo behind!

I know, I'm useless!

But I've just got back from camping in loverly Shropshire so I've had a rather full weekend!

Firstly however....

Pami and Rob's Wedding

I managed to go to this....not all in black! True I had on white and grey instead, but the only other colour I seem to have in my wardrobe is red and I didn't think that would do.

We were a bit late getting there due to heavy traffic on the A12 and then having to park somewhere other than the farm (no spaces left). But the ceremony was beautiful and the Spiral Dance at the end was great fun.

Pami then grabbed me for a "witches" photo and then it was off to the tent for lunch.

Spent lunchtime swapping dirty jokes with Jilly, Sarah, Stella and Nick (plus two other lovely Wolverhampton people whose names I don't know!) and then went off to talk to Benji and Laura.

It was so nice seeing them again, Laura is just the same and Benji, as ever, seemed taller! She's doing scientisty things in Brighton and he's just started policing at an airport and the silly buggers have given him a gun! (Note to people who don't know Benji: He's perfectly safe with it now but we all still see him as Benji from school - definately NOT safe!).

Benji bigged me up about work so I did some bigging up of his fantastic sheep impersonating.

Jane turned up, minus Ian as he was unwell. Alan appeared from somewhere (still looking very very thin) and Amy Thistlethwaite appeared as bouncy as ever. Sarah-Jane turned up a bit later as lovely as I remember her, and Ellen turned up and was a bitch (no change there then).

We talked lots and drank (small amounts for me as I was driving) and then played a strange German party game which Alan won. Then we chatted and listened to jazz until the DJ appeared to get the music going.

There was nothing to dance too at first but as the music got better we all took the floor, and ended up boogying for hours. I danced so much I got cramp in my calves and had to sit down.

Phoenix finally appeared a bit later after working his way through quite a lot of mead. He and Nick had found twelve bottles and had disposed of them between them until Nick passed out and Phoenix came to find me. When he decided to dance to Nellie The Elephant I knew it was time to go!

We said goodbye to everyone, and then found Pami and Rob to say goodbye to. Phoenix talked ALL the way home, mostly funny "I'm a cute heathen", some scary "Your cousin looks like a squashed Charlotte Church" (He meant Sarah-Jane, who isn't my cousin, but does look a bit like Charlotte Church).

We drove all the way back to Billericay with him rabbiting on, and once badgering on after I had to swerve round one that had met a lorry and Phoenix started singing the Badger, Badger, Badger song.

But he didn't have a hangover in the morning, which I was impressed with!

Next post, camping trip...but I have to catch up with the Grove first!

No comments: