Monday, June 14, 2004

Wheeeeeee!

Feeling very young and frolicsome tonight.

This might have something to do with the fact that I'm halfway down my second can of Strongbow Super (cider @ 7.5%), but is probably more to do with the fact that I just finished watching Joan of Arcadia again and realised that the programme it soooo reminds me of is My So-Called Life.

Now My So-Called Life only ran for 17 or so episodes before getting cancelled but it was the show that I would watch and think "That's soooo me!". I have almost all the episodes on tape too. It's just the way it makes me feel. It makes me feel young again, well 17 again to be precise.

At 17 I'd stopped wearing glasses, had started bleaching my hair, had stopped getting bullied at school, was in love with a fabulous man....the spring/summer that I was 17 is always sunny in my memory.

That's a good thing too. It's the memory of that summer that kept me going that winter after Jamie had died. The memory of that summer that keeps me thinking "Have to stick around, things in life can be THAT good."

The Pagan camping was mostly like that (until Sunday night when I was stuck back into being 13 again) and so was Glastonbury. Happy times.

Need to go read the Grove, wanna see what all my fabulous folksies are doing!

No comments: