Monday, May 03, 2004

Sometimes I hate being female.

Most of the time I love being me, but there are two days a month I could quite happily skip right past.

Instead of going to the reenactors markety thing I stayed home taking painkillers and spending most of the day curled up in a ball waiting for the tearing pains to fuck right off!

I'm just soo glad it didn't start on Saturday, and I'm also so glad that most of the pain will have gone by tomorrow night so that I can enjoy the moot.

I've read so many things in the past about the fact that women have been brainwashed into thinking periods are dirty and bad. I tend to think this for the first two days and then I quite enjoy the fact that my hormones are up and I feel really feminine, plus the fact that once the pains have died down I don't get anymore for a whole month! Part of the reason I get grouchy before my period is the fact I'm just waiting for the pain to start and dreading it.

Luckily I have a wonderful man who fetches me red wine and hot water bottles and then rubs my back in bed without me having to ask.

No comments: