Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Sucker for romance

I've just watched The Lake House and gone all soppy.

I'm a sucker for romantic films, and this one has shot into my list of favourites. Yes, I know that the whole letters-through-time plot is implausible, and that people will say Keanu's acting is "wooden". But I love it. Despite the bit at the end when I nearly had a heart attack and was in floods of tears.

It's led me to put on Serendipity (another favourite) due to the fact that Nick Drake has songs on both, and in a way they're similar films - the two lovers spend most of the movie apart.

Strangely, I'm not a big fan of Sleepless In Seattle, I think cos it had sooo much hype at the time. Instead I love You've Got Mail.

I shall have to try and compile a list of my favourite romantic films...

No comments: