Thursday, September 21, 2006

Mmmmmm...shiny!

I've got my lovely new Pratchett book!

I went down to work from the uni at lunchtime and walked straight into goods-in to see if it was there yet. I then hassled poor New Chris (our new goods-in lad) to look through the EDN's to see if it was in one of the TBS boxes that were sitting in a pile.

It was! Chris was then very lovely and unpacked me a copy and I grinned all the way back up to the uni knowing I had it to read while I ate my Thursday SubWay.

It is gonna annoy a few people though.

The other two Tiffany Aching books have been published as "children's DiscWorld". They've come out in the spring and have been slightly smaller and thinner than the usual DiscWorld novel that comes out in the autumn.

Big Chris hasn't read them for this reason. Even when he's been complaining that Pratchett hasn't done a Witches book for ages and I mention them, he's been dismissive.

Well this one has been published as one of the "adult" ones. It's the big format, it's been published in the autumn, and it's a Witches one.

I know we've had a few other customers too who've been very dismissive of the "kids" DiscWorld books, looks like they'll be buying them now!

(Oh, and I'm about a third of the way through and it's heavy on the witches, especially Granny Weatherwax).

------------------------

Oh yeah, my early night on Tuesday? 3am...

Last night I went to bed at 8, woke up at 2am...

I have another sodding bladder infection so I'm very grouchy and am rather tired. This is another reason that getting Wintersmith early was A Good Thing.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooooooo IM GONNA BUY IT ON THE WAY TO UNI!!!!!!!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kate said...

Oh, I read it all last night...and then went in today and bought the nice shiny signed numbered limited edition one too.

But that one isn't getting read.

MarkFarley said...

Just picked up my signed Adam Ant fom Picadilly. He was there last week but I had to work so Larissa saved me one. I got there and some temp is there and she's like, "Yr Adam Who?"

"Is there a duty manager around?"

Going into other branches is like pulling teeth sometimes...

Kate said...

LOL!

We had no problems getting the staff in Nottingham to get a signed copy of the new Raymond E. Feist book for Anthony. I was happy just to get a standard signed one, but they managed to sort out a dedicated one.

Are you going to try for the U2 thing?

Kate said...

Scratch that...got the dates mixed up. I really need more sleep.

MarkFarley said...

What U2 thing? Are they doing a signing?

Adam comes into our shop, so can always get him to sign one.