Thursday, April 24, 2008

Productive and relaxing, in turns.

I'm having a lovely holiday week so far. Apart from the fact that it seems to be going by much too fast (helped by the fact I was at work on Sat/Sun and that Anthony was here on Monday) it's been going well.

I've got 13 ticks against my 20 item to-do list, although I still have to tackle the boxes upstairs that need both sorting out and then breaking up for recycling.

Today however has been less productive. I woke up feeling miserable (partly due to scary dreams about dentists) and opened the curtains to a dark sky that promptly opened up and rained so hard that it freaked the cats out. I overdid it on the pc yesterday (as well as earning 7 ticks) so couldn't even get excited about playing some WoW.

What's a girl to do?

Well in this case she gets lots of cushions on the sofa, organises herself a nice drink (of Whittard's Blackcurrant and Elderflower Tea) and gets her sewing out. Then she puts on a film...

When I say a film, I mean a few films, in fact I mean the extended editions of LOTR. I've seen the first two and have Return of the King to watch tomorrow (as I think 8 hours of film is enough for today).

I adore the book, and I love the films almost as much. I hate the bits they cut from the story, the same bits they always cut - Tom Bombadil and the Barrow Wights, and I'm still bugged by them pretending to kill Aragorn off in that whole Warg battle scene.

But I do love the bit when Aragorn tells Eowyn that he's 87...looks damn good for his age that man. Wonder if he'd have looked as good at 6500 as Elrond does though.

1 comment:

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

You know, we have all the extended editions of the films as well.. and I've never once watched them. Wanted to, but never did.

And oh, I can't get through a single day anymore without a detailed to-do list.