Friday, April 04, 2008

All dressed up and no place to go...

Anthony is on nights at the moment.

I hate it when he works nights.

Ok, so it's better than the 5-1 shift cos I can at least talk to him in the evenings and we can play WoW together.

But I still hate it.

I miss him too much.

Silly Kate.

So I am cheering myself up by reading ALL of the Stephanie Plum books. I am up to book 10 which means I have 3 more to go and then a gap as book 14 is not published until June. Have no fear, I have lined up all the Rachel Morgan books (by Kim Harrison) and all of Kelley Armstrong's books to follow on with.

But at the moment I want to be a bounty hunter and hang out with Lula and flirt with Morelli and daydream (and get nervous about) Ranger.

The books have definitely made me feel more kick-ass and chirpy though. So chirpy in fact that on Wednesday when I had overslept and felt a bit pants and so had cherry coke and M&M's for lunch - a customer gave me his mobile number.

Another side effect is that I want to dress up a bit. So I am sitting here in my nice black kitten heels and a sexy black frock. Unfortunately I have no Bucks Fizz (to drink from a pink champagne glass) so I am making do with a litre bottle of Stella instead.

This explains why my typing is like this...and also why I think I just scared the milkman when I opened the door holding my drink, oops!

No comments: