Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Library trip again

Yup, it's that time of the month again.

I read 2 of the books I got last time; The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets and Red Planet. I'm currently halfway through Special Topics in Calamity Physics and The Puppet Masters / Waldo / Magic,Inc so I renewed those two.

Latest batch of books:

Sharpe's Prey, Sharpe's Escape and Sharpe's Havoc - Bernard Cornwell (to keep Anthony busy).
Cupcakes and Kalashnikovs - 100 Years of the Best Journalism by Women - edited by Eleanor Mills (it was the first book I saw when I walked in).
One Big Damn Puzzler - John Harding (fabulous cover attracted my attention and I remembered I wanted to read it).
The House of Mirth - Edith Wharton (I'm trying to read more of the books I "should", and this is one of them).
The Sittaford Mystery - Agatha Christie (I sold a load of these the other day and since I've never actually read one I thought I should give her a try).
The Pilo Family Circus - Will Elliott (I remember this coming in at work and loving the cover, then the blurb. Spotted it on the "Just Returned" shelf so grabbed it.

I got about halfway through The Sittaford Mystery while waiting for Anthony to turn up from work and I'm enjoying it so far.

1 comment:

EmLah said...

How many Arabs does it take to change a light bulb?

None. Arabs just sit in the dark and blame it on the Jews.