Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Wolverhampton Moot

Well yesterday was mostly lovely!

Work was boring in that long/short way again, until Aud turned up with Harriet and Liam (who are just adorable). Then Mab appeared, and then Laura! Aud took her witchlings home and Mab and Laura went across to the pub to wait for me.

We were in there for about an hour as just the three of us and had some deep and meaningful chats and conflabs while cuddled in the corner. Then lots of people all turned up at once (at least that's what it felt like).

Darling, darling, darling, darling Cabochon turned up first (with a HUGE umberella) and handed us all these little linen bags, each containing a totally gorgeous necklace that he had made in a silversmithing (?) course. Mine is still round my neck now (although it spent the night back in it's bag) and sooooo many people commented on it at work today. Tres gorgeous!

Who else turned up......Phoenix, Mandy, Jennie, Aud and her friend whose name I didn't catch, Steve, Jamie (grinning like a mad thing), Jens friend Carola and her male friend......oh and a friend of Mandys whose name I didn't catch but who said "Mandy said I had to talk to you as you are just the sweetest thing"! (No danger of me going on Mandys list at the moment then!)

Anyway, we all trooped off to the moot and listened to the frozen chicken incident (there wasn't one there actually) and then Mab bought me a book (((lovely Mab))), Aud gave me the stuff she'd got me from Lush plus some extra goodies (((lovely Aud))) and Jennie produced a plastic bag with a goldfish in it (like the one you used to win at fairgrounds)! This fish managed to scare all the bar staff, and then later lost its plastic bag and went home with Laura! (Fish napper!)

What else.....lots of fun and chats about strange things and the "Galway" man who asked Mab to marry him and Carola showed me the Witchy Tarot set that I've ordered for myself and I took a big list of books to order for people and handed out lots of invites.

(Which reminds me I must get a map up on my website....it'll probably be there by the time you read this, whoever you are).

Then today I was hungover and tired and craving OJ but had no cash for any. Then we discovered that the guys who were fitting the CCTV at work last night not only left dirty mugs all over the shop and the staff room, but when they set off the fire alarm at 4am by burning some toast....it was my bread that they were burning, spread with my butter from the fridge and washed down with my lemon squash and all the milk!

Vicky nearly threw a fit! Since I only had £1 she gave me money from petty cash to buy more bread (so I could have lunch) and wrote a STINKER of an email to the bosses of the guys. They are never coming back to the shop ever again, and another guy brought round a large box of Thorntons chocs from his bosses as an apology.

So that was fun!

Phoenix will be home soon so I shall finish off so he can have the computer.