Monday, March 08, 2004

Whew!

I have had SUCH a hectic couple of days!

Saturday - Work was ok. I was upstairs all day :( but Laura and her gorgeous lad Brendan came in to visit me! Laura bought The Dark Is Rising, and Brendan had his face painted, then I wandered with them to Boots and we all bought chocolate orgasms (GU Mini-Puds are their other name). I don't know what they thought of them as I had to scoot back to work!
The Busted gig was fantastic! Campbell and I danced a little and sang along a lot, and then got to sit in first class on the journey home (very comfy seats).
Then when I'd got home (Phoenix came and met me from the station at midnight, isn't he lovely) I attempted to watch the Grand Prix. I managed the first half hour then dropped off to sleep at 3.30am. I woke up just in time to see Michael Schumacher win it and then crawled up the stairs to bed.

Sunday - I'd set the alarm for 9, but just hit it repeatedly until it shut up and then dozed off again. Aud's text message woke us at 9.30 and we managed to get up and ready in time for them to pick us up at 10.30.
On the way to the reenactors market we'd meant to ask Alan if we could stop at a cashpoint, but forgot. So when we got there we thought we'd wander off and find one.......
A woman gave us vague directions to a garage she said had one ("15 minutes walk just down there"), and 30 minutes later we were on the wrong side of a very busy A-road to the garage.
Phoenix went across the carridgeway while I stood by the side of the road crying, convinced he wasn't going to make it. He came back about 15 minutes later to say that the garage didn't have a cash-point and the garage owner recommended going to Sainsburys..... 4 miles away!
This is when we phoned Aud and asked if we could have a lift!

*If you read her blog you'll notice she says she nearly lost us, not her fault, OURS!!!!!*

Alan took us about another mile where we found a garage with a cash point and got the money!
We went back to the reenactors market (Aud and Alan didn't come back in, they went shopping for food instead, which made me feel sooo guilty for holding them up) and we could afford to get in!!!!!

After wandering around all the stalls (except the ones selling books as I knew I couldn't risk it) and dribbling over various dresses and pointy things, I purchased a bottle of green ink, two silver buttons (for the Grove thingummy that teri is making), some beer for dad, and a sheepskin! The beer and ink were £2 each and the sheepskin was £10 and I feel very worth the money.

Then we went for a bacon sarnie and a pint and met Andy and Karen (from the Wolves Moot), a couple of their friends (whose names I missed, but the guy was responsible for Andy and Karens gorgeous barbecue cooking thingy - see the pagan camping photos on my site), and Aud and Alan. Discussion covered mad cats and my chocolate "issues".

Then Alan drove us home (and I fell asleep).

We've taken a couple of boxes around to the new place and told my mother the bus times for tomorrow....Oh! I mean today.

I'd better finish reading the Grove and get myself to bed!

Audrey - you're a darling lovely lady and NOT responsible for losing us! At 25 I am perfectly capable of taking responsibility for losing myself!

No comments: